I'm starting a new quilt this week, well actually starting again. This one is from Amy Butler's darker/wilder collection a few years ago. We could almost call it her blue period. I liked Picasso's blue period a lot, and I liked Amy Butler's too. Here's a shot of the back and border pieces, the Kaffe red stripe is the binding, I think.
I think it's difficult to find good patterns for the artsy large scale prints that are coming out these days. So this one I cut into 9" squares, and I'll sew them together on point (again, augh!), and the inside ones will have these wool pieces machine appliqued on. I'm using green, hot pink, brown and this blue wool. Stay tuned, but don't hold your breath. There's 25 of these.
1 comment:
I made a quilt out of these fabrics about a year and a half ago. The oranges and greens, not the blues. I love the blues though. I'm hoping to quilt it this week. We'll see.... Can't wait to see yours put together! Also, I when to Christiansen's on Friday. Thanks again for the suggestion!
Post a Comment