Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Temple Mosaic


I started this quilt two years ago for a raw edge class, and then I put it away because I couldn't figure out what fabric or combination of colors to fill in the temple with. And then this line at Broadbents caught my eye this spring and voila! I added some others and love the way it turned out. It looks more grandma's sheets-ish than I anticipated, and I like that. The temple is such a special place for me and my family, I wanted to be creative while maintaining the respect and purity I have for the House of the Lord. It's been difficult for me to find a picture of a temple to hang in my house, and I want my children's aim to be the temple, so I decided to make my own.


2 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, what a fabulous quilt---I'm totally fascinated by it. :)

Unknown said...

I saw this quilt hanging up at Broadbents and just fell in love. Looks amazing in person.