Friday, October 15, 2010

Scrappy X's

The fun thing about having quilter friends is gleaning from their great ideas. Erica did this quilt from a tutorial online in much different fabrics, and using her scraps, and I fell in love all over again!
There are a few different camps of people who come over and see my quilts. Most often I get, "what are you going to do with these?" as if the having isn't doing enough, which always makes me feel self-conscious. Or "do you ever sell them?" Answer: not often. Another common question is, "do you have them on everyone's beds?" Answer: embarassingly not. My daughter is the only one. Not that we don't use the quilts at our house, I just haven't made any specifically for beds. So my youngest really did need one for his bed and I wanted Aunt Grace. Here's my version of Erica's splendor.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the backing! I also love the top, but those kids playing is sooo cute. I love scrappy quilts.

erica e said...

oh my goodness! i love this. what great colors. now i'm going to have to copy these colors in a different quilt.
(and by the way, i haven't finished my scrappy x's yet but now i'm so inspired to!)

erica e said...

you have been so productive lately!