And voila, here's the finished product. I chose a different pink fabric for each side of the border. I've never tried that and it felt great to break out of tradition and do something crazy. I can't believe fabric is $10 a yard now, so my pocket book was my inspiration for this, sadly, and not my own imagination.
This quilt has over 30 different fabrics in it, and didn't cost me any new money. Some were scraps from other quilts, and some were just fat quarters bought on impulse. I wish I had saved a scrap of every quilt I've ever made, to do something really cool with the day before I die.
I digress. This pattern was really well written, but kind of hairy to keep the rows straight when laying them out and then transferring to the machine to sew together.
P.S. Doesn't this song take you back? I loved this movie. I don't know if I was more in love with Andrew McCarthy or Ducky's Jon Cryer. Ah to be young in the 80's. Before the Brat Pack was replaced with Hillary Duff and the Jonas Brothers. Yikes.
4 comments:
What a beautiful quilt! I've been trying to think of ways to use up my fabric stash this year too. For some reason, I can't get on to the Yahoo groups site and I'm not getting the e-mails. Can you re-add me with my new imail.org e-mail address? Thanks! :)
It's beautiful!!!
Hey you, how do you get so much done? Beautiful! Where was the pattern found? You go girl!
OOOOH, I love this quilt. It just makes me happy, I can't imagine actually having it my house!
Post a Comment