Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Modern Quilt Group Forming!

Broadbents in Lehi is starting a Modern Quilt Group, and JoyLyn Rigby & I will be heading it up. The group will meet every third Saturday at 930am, beginning in August. And this is the challenge quilt we will start with.

$30 Membership fee includes:

  • First 6 months of meetings
  • Bag of fabric strips to make your own Stacked Coins quilt + 15% off your broadcloth for this quilt
  • Free binding when your Stacked Coins quilt top is finished and shown
  • 15% off all Quilt Shop items on the day of meetings
  •  Free in-class block patterns
  •  Free make-and-takes for gift ideas
  • Demos of quilt patterns, ideas, and books

 And here's our first 6 months schedule:

 
August - Intro to Modern Quilting; meet the group, bring your own quilts to share, see a demo of Stacked Coins + examples of traditional quilt blocks made modern

 
September - Holiday Strip Examples; 2 different ways to strip quilt in style, plus receive free binding for Stacked Coins if your finished top is shown

 
October - Raw Edge Methods; use circles and wonky shapes to create pictures in your quilts

 
November - Gift Ideas Make-and-Takes; iPad covers, owl pins, flower covered buttons and more!

 
December - Trunk Show

 
January - Using Letters; bring names and quotes into your quilts with Tonya Ricucci's Word Play method

 
Stop by Broadbents for more details, or to join us!! We'd love to have you.

3 comments:

Kelly M said...

Oh, how I wish I lived in Utah and could be in that group!! It sounds so fun. And I LOVE that quilt. Love.

Chantalle said...

Wow! That sounds awesome! Too bad we aren't making monthly trips out there in the fall :) Zach talks about you/your children a lot, we miss you!

Pamela said...

This sounds like to much fun!! If I can mark it on my calender and get over to broadbents I would love to join and do a bit more modern quilting!!! Your amazing.