So let's talk Jimmer. Jimmer Fredette, I mean. The most wonderful, high scoring greek adonis who is currently gracing the BYU basketball team. Our local news station has been tracking all of the celebrity tweets giving Jimmer kudos even. Paul and our oldest have been going to games and I think it's great. He's been waiting for one of his sons to get old enough to do this, and I'm glad it's been such a great season for them.
Another late Christmas post is Paul's new BYU quilt. Every few years he gets an idea in his head about a quilt he'd like me to "whip up" for him. This usually means something intricate and difficult, because he doesn't see things like a quilter (thank goodness!). This time he brought me a graph paper drawing of a BYU quilt similar to the one I ended up making him. I made the logo smaller and more manageable, but as long as there's minky on the back he's happy these days. My creative neighbor, Peggy, appliqued it for me, and I machine quilted a quilt in exchange. I love her work and I'm so glad she was willing to bail me out during the Christmas rush.
And just for kicks, here's the first concoction of Paul's. This one was an Excel spreadsheet he brought me when I very first started quilting. He spent weeks buying vintage Star Wars sheets on eBay for me to use. Lucky me.
1 comment:
Definitely a huge Jimmer fan here! And I have a house full of boys who would love both those quilts! Nice designing, Paul- I'm impressed. You're awesome to pull those off, Kristin!
Post a Comment