I was at Material Girls a few months ago, and picked up a charm pack of Tula Pink's new line, Hushabye. I loved her line, Flutterby, click here to see what I did with it - it's the last one in the post. However, (beware: Moda criticism coming up) it took two months to get the yardage in! Like the fanatical quilter that I am, I came home and did the body of this quilt right away. I did prairie points, a version of pinwheels that's 3D, and used an old sheet from Pottery Barn that I bought from Down East Home. It's actually also the curtains in my laundry room (one of the few rooms in my house with curtains, shows you I'll do anything to make laundry fun). So I've named it after Julie Andrews' character in the Sound of Music, who uses the curtains to make the children playclothes. A woman after my own heart.And then the quilt sat, and sat, unfinished on my counter. And if you know me, you know how that killed me. Today, American Quilting got the yardage in. I love that store, even before this. I came right home, finished the borders, and now I'll sleep tonight. I did these borders like my last one, because I don't have much use for a square quilt. The backing will be the same muslin I did inside the pinwheel squares, because it's what I've got, and who knows what I'll bind it in. 

And just for kicks, here's me and Paul in Salsburg in 2003, outside the gazebo. Every girl's dream come true! 
2 comments:
so cute...i love the picture of you and Paul!
Those 3d pin wheels are sooo cute. I love how they pop with the white.
Post a Comment