Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Help With a Pattern

I've been searching for just the right way to use my Aunt Grace exchange blocks. I love them so much, I'm putting a lot of thought into them. I keep coming across this pattern, in different fabrics. Can someone help me here? It's just two small squares sewn on either corner of a larger square? Then do you have to cut down the center square?

4 comments:

erica e said...

very cool pattern. it looks like you just sew squares (triangles) on the sides. but then why cut down the center block? i don't think you would have to.

Elizabeth said...

Didn't you do the O pattern by Fig Tree a few years ago? Oh, and your X one that you did out of Civil War? To me it looks just like one of those segments. Each block is going the same way instead of being put into either X's or O's. Does any of that make sense?

Unknown said...

I have access to a book that tells you how to date fabrics based on colors and prints, and in it the quilt is referred to as an "Emily Square" or "Emily Star". Its a 3" square with a 1 1/2" square sewn to opposite sides then trimmed.

Kristin said...

I thought that at first too. But if you look closely, the pieces are all a bit wonky from the next, and randomly.