
After my kind friends let me know I did the wrong block for our exchange, despite the fact that I'm the one who told everyone which block won the most votes last fall, I decided to sew these together for Paul's Grandmother, Lois. She's an elderly old hoot who lives in the same house my father-in-law was raised in, in Grantsville, Utah. It's always cold in there this time of year, and when we get there to visit we wish we'd brought a quilt for her. We really enjoy visiting her, even though we only make it out there twice a year. Here's a picture from 3 years ago. The pictures over the years are always the same, just add a baby every other year. They always cry at this age, and don't let her hold them. It's all she wants in the world, I wish our babies would understand that.So this year, she'll have one. At the end of winter . . . oh well. Incidentally, if you're ever in St. George, Ace Hardware/Ben Franklin does have fabric that goes on great sales. And there's a huge flat fold table that's always 40% off. So while we were there this weekend I bought some borders for Lois' quilt, and some snuggly brushed woven for the back. I'll bind it in red when I'm finished.
And then I'll sew the correct blocks for my group, sorry gals. Thanks for keeping me honest.
5 comments:
I really do like that block. At least you ended up with a beautiful quilt...even if you did have to make the exchange blocks again! Thanks again for all of your help and for letting me use your long-arm machine...I had a lot of fun and love the way my quilt turned out! You're the best! =)
oh man! i'm so glad you found a good use for your blocks. this quilt turned out beautifully! don't you love finding large pieces of just the right fabric ON SALE! that's the best. well, can't wait to see your real blocks. :)
I'm glad you got a quilt out of it! I'm sure she will love it.
O sad! We miss you guys too...especially once it will be nice weather for you like it is here and you can lounge under the huge tree and have picnics on the red table while ducking for flying things of all types. We will have to come do that still :)
Kristin, I really like this quilt! I recently made a quilt and used the same fabric as in your border. I love it.
Post a Comment