It's February in Utah, which means everything is dead, it's still cold, and the snow is gray and dirty (and in some places, yellow - thank you neighbor dogs, for that great biology lesson). A great quilting time, and also the time we delve completely into the toys downstairs that otherwise go unnoticed.
I bought a play kitchen on Craigslist a few years ago, and this winter it's become a hit. Ours has a hinge on it, so one side is the little kitchen sink, oven, etc, and the other side swings out with an ironing board on top and washer/dryer below. Upon noticing it for the "first time," and while I was pulling out the boxes of my old play dishes and food, my four year old SON exclaimed, "Mom! And this is where we can iron our quilts!"
Can you tell I'd rather pay $1.60 per shirt to take Paul's to the cleaners?
2 comments:
That's so funny! My boys are the same way. I can't remember the last time I ironed clothes, but I do use my iron almost every day.... for quilts.
at least you use your iron for something. i'm with you though-i would much rather spend my time doing something else AND take sam's shirts to the cleaners. that's the only way to go! and i am much happier:)
Post a Comment