Saturday, July 2, 2011

Zipper

I thought I was doing so well at clearing out older fabrics in my stash, until I was showing this latest one to Paul and the Great Diplomat casually asked me how many more "older" sets of fabric did I still have to do. We got counting, I got embarrassed, and I don't know that I'm going to be buying any new kits anytime soon. . . I keep all fabric in one cupboard in our office, so I know it can't be THAT bad, because there's still room in there. However, that may be a little like saying you have money left to spend because there's still checks in your check book, I don't know.
This is Zipper, by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr in their Modern Quilt Workshop book. It's on the cover, and I fell in love with it. Four years ago we went to Sisters, Oregon, on the way to see my parents, during the city's quilt show. (See Paul pushing the stroller behind the other tourists.) It was so much fun, and the local quilt shop, Stitching Post, had done up these kits for the Zipper quilt. Naturally I have one more set of fabric from that trip, maybe I'll get to that this year finally, too. 
Every building was dripping with quilts. It was sensory overload for sure. And so hot! I know I had some pictures with my sister-in-law and my niece, but I can't find them of course. My mother and Maren drove to meet us and that was nice, too.

No comments: