Monday, February 13, 2012

Fun With Log Cabins


As I've mentioned, Broadbents Modern Quilt Group is starting up another 6 months of classes this Saturday. We'd love to have any new friends join us, anytime. In March, JoyLyn and I are showing log cabins made modern. Here's one of the samples I'm working on. I used some Japanese storybook pieces I've been collecting, together with a brown solid. I only wish I had more so the quilt would finish bigger - it's 44x44" right now. Any suggestions on making it larger, knowing I'm out of those Japanese prints?

2 comments:

Kelly M said...

Oh man, everytime I read about your quilt group I really really really wish I lived there and could be a part of it! Just wanted to let you know that. :) Oh, and we watched The Big Year last week, which also made me think of you. Fun, silly movie. And now we're noticing birds all the more. . . . :)

Jill said...

It would be cool to do some smaller log cabin blocks to use as sashing between them. It would get kind of busy, so you could do solids. Or maybe some flying geese as sashing. How big do you want it to be?