This is a Christmas quilt I didn't mention, for my youngest. Thanks to PBS' new show The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That, we're big fans of The Cat around here. (Is it just me or does he seem to be on drugs most of the time?) Anyway, my son loves the quilt.
We recently discovered a Dr. Seuss book at the library called The Sneetches and Other Stories. It's main story is about a creature called the Sneetch, and some of them have a star on their bellies and some of them don't. You can see where this is going. A man comes and takes their money to either put on or take off a star so that one group can feel better than the other. What a great way to teach kids (and me!) that we're all good Sneetches who can play on the beaches.
1 comment:
So cute!! I was looking at some red gooey fish the other day (swedish fish) and was thinking how fun it would be to have a Cat in the Hat birthday party for the kids. I might have to get that fabric if I do it! (just imagine...wired tails for everyone and hats turned upside down as goodie bags!)
Post a Comment