Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blue Steel

I went to Scrap Apple Quilts in St. George last weekend, looking for something new and wonderful. I was hoping for some good Kaffe Fassett's, as they usually have too many to count. However, this time, my fears were confirmed. Fabric hasn't been exciting to me lately. New fabric, I mean. Part of the winter blahs maybe.
I did manage to get a bunch of orange plaids from an old April Cornell line on their sale table, and I'll work on that next. Just as I was checking out, a table with these blues caught my eye and I very impulsively bought it up. This pattern is a version of Turning Twenty and it's so fun to do. The thing I liked about this collection is all the variety of prints. It's Blue Storm, by Laura Berringer for Marcus Fabrics. Paul's been calling it Blue Steel, a nod to Ben Stiller's character in Zoolander. This would be a great line to use in a traditional jeans quilt.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't been excited about fabric lately. I thought it was the lack of good quilt shops in Davis County. Maybe not. None of the new lines have really caught my eye either. I do love your blue one and I know two boys of mine would love it too!

Pamela said...

I love this quilt. Perfect for one of my boys. Oh and Blue Steel ~ great name.