I've been feeling like I need to reset my quilt clock, so to speak. Just do something quick and messy and funky. So when I need quick and messy, I turn to my three-year old daughter. I asked if she'd like to make a big quilt with me, since I can see her creativity bubbling over into everything she does lately. She chose these pieces I got at a sample sale last spring, and we did a huge log cabin, using mostly Jennifer Paganelli's fabrics. I added some Amy Butler to the top and bottom, to make it twin size and more usable. And I'll use some Anna Marie Horner for the back, because we can't leave her out of Funky Day. I think I'll quilt and bind it, then stash it away for Christmas. It was easy, happy, and done in a day. Just the thing to clean my cobwebs so I can get into some serious quilting this fall.
And here's a quick shot of me and Ms. Paganelli last spring at Quilt Market. She was such a cool lady, and it was a treat to meet her in person. (And let's remember I had just given birth three months before this photo.)
2 comments:
Super cute and I think you look great!
cute shirt LOL
Post a Comment