Sunday, January 19, 2014

Scr(H)appy Triangles


This quilt is so happy and summery, just what I need this time of year. I used Crazy Mom Quilts scrappy triangle tutorial. I didn't sew each triangle section individually like she did, I did lots of strip sets and sub cut them into triangles. There are so many possibilities with these triangles in layout and other color use.

I remember in the final weeks of my mother's life, we were in St. George and in my sadness I went to their LQS to "get some air". I found myself picking up these colors and so I began collecting. Over the next year I added more to the stack and loved the way it looked on my shelf. It's the color of my grief. I love that it was happy and hopeful and warm, and I see bits of my mother's preferred painting palette here, too.

No comments: