Paul has been asking for a new quilt with a minky-like back, and so I waited until Broadbents had their 25% off one cut coupon and bought some. I went through my scraps bins and had the most of blue and brown, so this is what I came up with. It only cost me $35 for the backing and new binding to do the entire thing. I'll miss being able to finish my own quilts when the machine is gone, but for now I'm enjoying getting it all done in one week. And it feels good to use my scraps some more.We were trying to come up with a good name for it, and since I've been reading Jeff Shaara's series on WWII, it reminded me of tank tracks. Paul suggested "Patton's Tanks," because George Patton is one of his favorite military leaders of all time. I'm not sure how ol' blood and guts would feel about having a quilt named after him, but since he's not here to argue, and he would, it's done.
1 comment:
I love this! Very masculine. I am sure Patton would have loved a nice minky backed quilt, when he was on the front lines. LOL
Post a Comment