Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trick-or-Treat Street

I bought this quilt kit at Material Girls in South Jordan, and I have to say it's the first kit I've bought impulsively for a few years. It was so fun and easy, and now we have our first Halloween quilt. In fact, they didn't advertise it this way, but other than the 2/3 yard of blue I added, I didn't need anything else for the backing.

This holiday always makes me think of Mrs. Clark, my music teacher at Cherry Park Elementary. Every year at Halloween she had us sing a song that went like this, "stir it in my witches brew, we've got magic . . ." and her fingernails were always painted and a little long, and coupled with her crushed witch hat and the gleam in her eyes, she seemed magic.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

So cute! I saw this quilt and wanted to make it, but I made a Halloween one a few years ago and I really should work on what I already have. Now I'm rethinking buying it. I might need it.