Friday, July 23, 2010

Daughter Quilting

Leslie cleaned out her older fabrics and gave me a huge bag full (thanks, Les!). When I brought them home, much to my joy, my daughter's eyes got big and it was like Christmas morning for her too. I let her go through them to get a quilt pulled together. It took several months, and really I'm surprised she hung in the entire time with it. I kept having to give us some time inbetween turns at the machine. She didn't care about laying out the blocks when they were done, but the rest was all her. When I get it quilted and bound I'll put it on her bed.

3 comments:

erica e said...

wow! how fun! i'm so impressed with her enthusiasm (and probably your patience) with the project. and it turned out so great!

Sarah said...

beautiful...so exactly what did she get to help with?

International Tease said...

What a great mother/daughter project (and such a beautiful result)!