Monday, September 19, 2011

Red Tumblers


Thanks to Peggy and McKell for this quiltspiration. They did scrappy tumblers quilts recently that I fell in love with (which always happens when I go into Peggy's Craft Room). My red bin keeps growing, but very few of the fabrics that ended up in there are usable in my more modern quilts of late. Or red at all, sadly. So here's my solution. So fun to do.


I'm a bit overzealous about this straight line quilting. I like how my quilts feel when finished and washed. They're softer and the batting can fluff up more, if that even makes sense.

Also, we had a lot of fun at the Broadbents Modern Quilt Group meeting Saturday. Check the blog to see what we did. Pictures of the many, terrific class members' versions of Stacked Coins are in the works.

P.S. Hooray for Downton Abbey's wins at the Emmys last night!!!

No comments: