Third Saturday in March we're going to be doing Log Cabins, and I've been playing with some different ways to make them modern. I fell in love with this quilt online, where the artist made one huge, quilt-sized log cabin, cut it in half and then sewed the opposite sides back together. I thought it'd be fun to do that on a smaller scale.
First I started by making one big log cabin, with a 6" square in the middle. I also made a second one with an 8" square in the middle.
A quilt with a repeat of these blocks would be so fun, and another one I might stop here. But I decided to cut it in half like the inspiration quilt. Then I took half of the 8" center and half of the 6" center and sewed them together. I liked it, but decided not to stop there.
I settled on cutting the halves in half again and making a wonky 4-patch out of a log cabin. Right now my plan is to make 12 of them and then do double borders, but who knows!!??! I like the way this one is put together as well . . .

1 comment:
Neat blocks! You are so creative! Have you checked out the wonky bento box blocks? They are similar in construction...building one block, cutting it into quarters and then putting four random quarters back together.
Post a Comment