In honor of President's Day, here's my State Flowers quilt, finally finished. I ended up binding it in the Utah state flower, the Sego Lily. I had the binding before I chose the border, and the two do not go, but after visiting the new LDS Draper Temple Open House this month with my family, and seeing how often this beautiful flower is repeated in the decorating, I decided to go with it to remind me of how special it was to take my children there.And for the back, I just sewed the large pieces I had together. I like how it shows off the flowers in a bigger way.
1 comment:
Your quilting continues to change and evolve with each quilt. I see you try new things, new techniques and different fabrics you are not used to. But time after time you make a beatiful new quilt and you evolve your quilting all over again. I love that your quilting is as ever changing and fantastic as you are.
Post a Comment