Tuesday, February 3, 2009

But He Was Still Hungry!

I loved this fabric, and so does my daughter, possibly the biggest little Eric Carle fan around. I quilted & bound this for her finally. However, my rotten kids have decided that their cheap fleece blankets are more snuggly, so I'm going to have to start putting softer backings on their quilts. Information that would have been helpful yesterday.


I ran out of the red binding (thanks again for the piece, Tracey), so I used the little ladybugs from Flutterby. It's so sweet with this little corner, I think, I wish I had done more of it. But I guess sometimes more isn't better, it's just more. Unless it's fabric.




So now she's on to Brown Bear, Brown Bear, which is sweet because she's constantly singing it over and over and over (less annoying than the screaming). I was thinking this year I'd be Super Mom and machine applique her a Brown Bear quilt with carefully chosen batiks for each animal, but then I saw that the same printer of this quilt has now done Brown Bear for me, and not only stabbed my creativity, but saved me time as well. Thanks Andover, I'll be purchasing your boring, mass-produced panel soon, much to the delight of my screaming, chanting two-year old.

1 comment:

Paul Barrus said...

Here I am, the one that you love...