Sunday, October 4, 2009

Coop Rhymes With Poop

I've been driving by this used chicken coop at a local boutique/permanent flea market for several weeks now, and Friday Paul finally bought it for me. I spent a long time and a lot of bleach cleaning it out. We pulled off the well-fertilized curtains it came with (chickens need privacy I guess?), and removed the warming lights. Our old house will never have space for a cool mud room full of organized cupboards to my heart's delight, and I think this is the next best thing.
It's really large, and has room for everyone's shoes, mittens, hats, bags, etc. I put replacement curtains along the top, with my children's initials on their space. They love seeing their letter when they come inside. Here's the fabric I used:
When Paul was initially removing the grids and spraying years of poop out of it (we are not farm people), I said, "I bet right about now you wish you had married a woman less into chicken coops and more into jewelry and make up." He immediately replied, "I'll spray chicken poop out any day." Smart man.

2 comments:

erica e said...

what a clever idea! i love it!

Sarah said...

That is so cool! What a smart idea!