Get out your scrunchies and leg warmers, because that's what this quilt reminds me of. Simple, but wacky fun. Incidentally, I think I liked Sarah Jessica Parker better when she was an 80's teenager looking for lip gloss and a date to the dance, than the oversexed fashionista of NYC.I digress.
I used Moda's brown loops for the border, I'm not sure what the back will be. Judging from my snail's pace at actually quilting them, I won't need to worry about that for a while. I love the orange in the traditional pink & brown mix. You can never have too much good orange, I think.
These fabrics also remind me of my girlfriend Amy, for lots of reasons.
#1: Amy is a girl.
#2: I'm pretty sure she enjoyed the 80's too.
#3: She watched this pile grow.
#4: She added to the pile herself on several occasions.
#5: I'm pretty sure she just wants to have more fun.
#6: Unlike Parker in either movie, her bra strap never hangs out, accidentally or on purpose.
#7: She looks great in any tone of orange.

7 comments:
I like the quilt! I like the Carol King music with it too. I want to have more fun...I should make a quilt. :0)
Oh I absolutely ADORE this quilt!!! It's perfect.
Love it. Very fun.
LOVE the orange! And, ditto on Amy...she's great! =)
I have an award for you on my blog! =)
I LOVE this quilt! I love the orange in the mix! I also love Amy. Tell her hi for me next time you see her!
wow kristin that is an amazing quilt. it is beautiful!
Post a Comment