Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros

If you need an extra laugh and a bit of uncouthness, I recommend Flight of the Conchords. Reba put me on to their new show on HBO, currently in its second season. Last night we watched the first 6 episodes from Netflix and wet our pants. These two guys from New Zealand (so prepare for a few Australia jokes each episode) have written the script for a sitcom/music video based on themselves, looking for gigs for their band in NYC (also prepare for horny kiwis trying to make it big - pun intended). Their manager is a dim-wit and they have one fan, who is married . . . oddly, so if you would enjoy a good mix of The Office/Napoleon Dynamite/Beavis & Butthead, tune in. Here's two songs they broke into in the middle of the first episode.

Incidentally, I think I saved Paul from this fate by marrying him, and giving his guitar to his niece. And I think my friend Kerri might have done the same for Ben.

No comments: