
Those of you who know me, know I'm a compulsive organizer. All last year I dreamt of this cabinet at IKEA. (My friend Kara, anticipating the opening of IKEA, sang to the tune of "Maria" from West Side Story, "IKEA, I can't wait to shop at IKEA.") But the thought of spending money on something to hold all of the other things I've spent money on just bucked my system somehow. When we set our 2009 goals last week, I found my unmet dream lurking, and materialism or no materialism, someone has to bring back this economy. So we went and bought it. Just like that. And here it is. I'm so proud. 99% of my fabric is right here, folded lovingly and winking at my whenever I pass by. Some days I leave one door open so I can hear it calling, too.

My scraps each have their own bucket, by color, which by itself would make any sane person giggle with glee. All of the backs for the quilt tops ready to be finished are folded together, with their binding. All the French, granny, or holiday fabric is happily laying with its coordinates. I know it's sick, but since I can't get my son to sleep in, or my daughter to quit picking her nose in public or anywhere else, this is what helps.
2 comments:
oh, this is pretty. i love that its red. i love ikea more and more everytime i go there. especially the meatballs.
i just had to laugh at your post, as a quilter I can soooo relate. I went to Ikea myself and bought some invaluable shelving for the crazy amount of fabric I own - good for you!
Post a Comment