Monday, November 10, 2008

Rebalene, You Are So Keen

This for sure has nothing to do with quilting. But I'm going to put it out there anyway. Rebecca is a very, very good find as far as friends go. She has the unfortunate post of sitting in the next cubicle from my dear husband, Paul, which should get her sainthood for sure, and she's also been helping me enter the tech savy world of all things current. She's also very artistic herself, writes songs, plays the guitar, takes French lessons, finds cures for cancer, you get the idea.

Her own blog is really fun. Here's a few other tips she's shared with me over the last few months. Maybe they'll be something you need, too. Or maybe you just have a fantastic single brother just graduating from med school for her?

1. You can follow (stalk) blogs and subscribe to whichever ones you want. It will tell you when new posts have been added to your favorite blogs and you can read them right there, with pictures!

2. You can get on Picasa and make your own photo mosaic for a posting on your blog, or maybe something else, I haven't tried it yet. I like it as an alternative to putting 10 pictures in a row in one post.

3. Art Market seems to be a beautiful way to see the eclectic artists hunkering down in SLC, that remind me of my own faraway Portland Saturdays Market. Their next event is December 4-6 at the Sugarhouse Garden Center.

4. Flip video camcorder seems to be the newest gadget I haven't seen yet. It holds 60 minutes of video, plugs right into your USB drive, and apparently edits easily. She even has a tripod for it. I can't wait to borrow hers for some quilting tutorials.

Reba, you rock. You're wanted, dead or alive. Keep on.

4 comments:

Reba said...

You are so kind, I am totally blushing right now! I enjoyed myself so much on Friday--I can't wait to learn more. Thanks for your help!!!

abby said...

reba is the bomb. and your quilts are amazing!!

Kim said...

True, Reba rocks. She and I were neighbors in Provo a million years ago. Love that girl.

Stephanie said...

I love Reba too! She is my fav to sing with! (It has been toooo long)