Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Here!

The first big snow of the season. I'm so excited. Forget about the fact that I don't have a fashionable new sweater to pull out of tissue paper this fall (thank you US Economy). Or that it will mean puddles dripping from soggy socks and boots. Or endless runny noses. It's here and it's white and clean (for right now) and beautiful and I love it. My house is buzzing with the excitement of running through the drifts and making snowmen that will be gone tomorrow. And there's only one thing better than this snow: quilting season!

All of those quilts that are done but not bound get to come out of hiding because there's nothing better on a chilly evening than a quilt on your lap being bound. And besides, finishing one completely just means getting the piles out to start another new one!

P.S. In February someone remind me of this post. I'll need it.

1 comment:

erica e said...

oh! I miss the first big snow! I miss the excitement that comes with cold fall nights. It means, staying indoors with family, hot chocolate, holidays and yes, quilts!