Last night I met Franny Frugal and heard her share her money saving tips. Wow. She is hard core. She spends only $100 CASH each week to feed her family of 5 (no teenagers, she admitted). This includes any nongrocery items, clothing and doctor visits. Everything but gasoline. Which might have been $100 a week when prices were so high, depending on what you drive.
She is a big proponent of coupons online, signing up for freebees, Walgreens, and savvyshopper from the Daily Herald. I highly encourage you to check out the spreadsheet she keeps and updates on her blog often. She's got it down to a science, and while it would take little ol' me some time to get up to her speed, I think there must be something I can do.
I know this doesn't tie directly into quilting, but if we all had some extra money freed up, surely we could get a few more fat quarters for our starving stashes, right?
5 comments:
She must have great insurance to be able to include doctors visits in that! We have terrible insurance and when Jake was a baby and getting his shots every other month his visits were close to $500each. I do need to clip coupons and shop sales more though.... and then I'd have more money for quilting.
we do the cash only thing but only $100 a week sounds brutal! every once in awhile i try to do coupons but i think it really takes a commitment to keep up with them to really save money.
oh and, yeah, no matter how many fat quarters i buy i still feel like i NEED more! that's an obsession for sure.
I always want to do coupons, but never know what I'm doing and how to use them to the fullest. I'm definitely checking out her site...thanks for the post! =)
Hey thanks for the shout out! I really appreciate it, and everyone is welcome to come learn how to save money.
I have always wanted to be a serious quilter. Your blog is truly inspiring.
Post a Comment