I've heard the jokes. "My husband won't let me start another quilt until I get some of these others finished." Or, "I can't buy another piece of fabric until I get this other quilt done first." I always thought that was so limiting (nothing against listening to a husband's opinion once in a while). But lately, I've been feeling quilt overload. I thought it was all this new business, and each Saturday that comes around I have dreams of what I could finish while Paul has the kids. It hasn't been happening lately. So today, in the midst of actually getting to quilting, I decided to make a list of the quilts I'm in the middle of and clear up my mind.
I've seen some of you do this on your blogs, and I never understood it. I always want to see a picture of what you're in the middle of. The list means nothing to me as a reader (no offense!). But I thought I might need a list today, especially since Christmas is coming and I need to get a few done. My list is to the right and down a bit. 16 quilts. I had no idea. I am a very organized person, how did this happen? I'll post a slide show of the quilts I'm apparently in the middle of, so my list will make sense to you. We quilters, you've gotta watch us like a hawk!
1 comment:
I keep my list just for me. Not only because I can keep track of what I started and put away for awhile, but there is some satisfaction in pressing the delete button when I'm done. Plus when I look at other people's lists it makes me feel better that they has as many that are unfinished as I do!
Post a Comment