
Well we did it! What a great show, and a very fun time. Here is a picture of our quilting group. Two or three of these incredible women still live in our original neighborhood in Saratoga Springs, but most have moved on. They come from Saratoga, Lake Mountain, Lehi, Layton, Provo, Logan and as far away as Texas, can you believe it? (We're still going to work to get them back to Utah.) For a beautiful slide show of the quilts displayed, visit Anna's blog (second from right, back row.)
I love that Dana (far left, back row) is holding her baby. As we speak I'm typing with mine on my lap and two-year old begging for "pay-dough". If we can do these fantastic quilts with young ones running around competing for our attention, imagine what we'll do when they're in school all day, or beyond (if there is life beyond little ones!). I can't wait to see our show in 15 years from now. I guess that means I'd have to stay in Utah that long . . .
And having guests and quilters play on the long arm machine was so much fun. I can't believe how much satisfaction sharing this machine has been. A few "professionals" in the industry warned me that it would be a disaster of complication and wreckage, but I am happy to report they were wrong. Everyone is so careful and gentle while learning. And I love seeing what we all do. Quilting truly is about sharing fabric, ideas and compliments. And long arm quilting seems to go the same direction.
2 comments:
I had so much fun at the quilt show. It did make me want to go home and hang quilts all around my back yard and on my front poarch.
the show was wonderful. and oh, boy, in 15 years... i can't wait! thanks for all you do for the rest of us.
Post a Comment