Thursday, October 23, 2008

Finished - My Fair Lady


Here is my lady's finished candy top for Christmas. I think I'll call it My Fair Lady, because the black and white reminds me of the scene at the race track in the movie with Audrey Hepburn & Rex Harrison. How much do you love Rex Harrison? I love him a lot, with a little 8 year old girl love, still today. (Sorry, honey.)


I don't like having the white border on the outside, your eyes don't know where to go and it looks unfinished to me. I'm going to use a very dramatic funky binding, with bold colors. What do you suggest?

4 comments:

erica e said...

i LOVE the fabrics in this. i love the yellow. i love the aqua. i love the black and white fabric. My first thought on binding would be red or pink from the candy. red binding is my favorite.
so have your kids seen these christmas quilts or are they going to be surprised? how fun! i wish i now that i had thought about and gotten started on christmas quilts for my kids a few months ago. what a fun tradition to start.

Anonymous said...

I love the bird fabric and the blue flower!!! Do you remember what they are called? I would love to try to hunt them down even if they are older.

Anonymous said...

I would love the 2/3 yard do you know what the bird is called?

Anonymous said...

What a cute quilt!