Thursday, October 30, 2008

Aunt Dinah

Here are the fabrics I bought today at my first visit to Material Girls, for my group's exchange this winter. I debated, so I hope what I chose fits the rest, with maybe a little artful stand out? Is that so bad? Material Girls is the most beautiful quilt store, I loved it. The owner is such a kind, energetic woman, and I loved visiting with her. In just 2 years being open, she was named one of BHG's top 10 quilt stores in the country! Wow!



And here's some other fabric that jumped into my welcoming arms. I can't believe I've missed this. I'm whole again now, or at least my stash is for one more day.



P.S. My 8 month old just rolled over to a pile of fabric on the ground near my desk and started systematically chewing on each of them and then tossing. Proof that fabric looks and tastes good. I guess I will miss the days when they're little and into everything . . . someday when I'm a mad quilter!!

2 comments:

ella parry said...

I love the colorful one.

Anna M. said...

You chose beautiful fabric for the group exchange and I really love the colorful one. I keep hearing wonderful things about Material Girls...where are they? I want to visit them, too! =)