I promise I don't like every book I read. And I have been not finishing several books lately, mostly for subject matter or language. I find that infidelity isn't as romantic to me in these post-Bridges of Madison County days, not that that storyline sat well with me either, even in high school. So what I'm saying is, please don't judge me by my to-read list on goodreads. They're to-read because I haven't passed my own judgement yet. Also, I won't review a book I didn't like or didn't finish. I think most authors who are published are brave and amazing and until I publish one of my own, I have no right to condemn someone else.
Having said that, onto a book I DID enjoy. Pretties, by Scott Westerfeld is the second book in a trilogy about a futuristic world that is "saving" humans from growing old and judging each other by race or economic standing, by giving everyone a pretty surgery on their 16th birthday. Tally decided in the first book to fight the power, and she's still at it in the second one. I had heard the trilogy peeters out after the first book, but I really enjoyed this second one as well, and plan on reading Specials soon. I think the plot is brilliant and captivating and the teenage-speak Westerfeld uses is unique and draws me in. But then again, I couldn't get past the first Hunger Games book, so what do I know.
2 comments:
I really liked the first one in this series. I thought the second one was alright, but I didn't love it. I couldn't get through the third one though. In fact, I started it in July of last year and have picked it up several times when I was out of books, but just couldn't get through a chapter. Maybe I should try again. I have the furth one as well, but I've never even opened it.
I liked the first and second better than the third, but it took my mom forever to get to the end of the first. She didn't like it at all! Although I can't think of any teenager book she does like, so there you go. Still worth reading the third to see what happens!
Post a Comment