I've been working on a lot of original stuff from the hip lately and haven't posted any of it, but here's something fun I've also been gearing up for. I love Tonya Ricucci's Word Play method and want to make my own version of her LAWS quilt. Mine will be a bit calmer and out of shot cotton. And what a great fabric to work with!
2011 was a hairy year at our house, I don't know about you. We need some positive, uplifting thoughts for 2012 and I thought bringing some power words in via quilting was a good way to start. I chose "LOVE," "GIVE," "HOPE," and "PRAY" in reversible color combos. Shot cotton isn't sold a plenty here in the valley, so next month when I'm in Portland I'm going to pick up some more to round out the quilt at Bolt. Stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment