
Looking for winter fun after Christmas, preferably the inexpensive kind, we drove up to Midway on Saturday to bird and to check out this ice village at the Zermott Resort. A wonderful artist got permission to build and keep building this sculpture/village in the courtyard of the resort. It's truly enormous! For $2 you can walk around on the paths and get a close up look at what he's been doing. We loved it!

There's also great birding in the area, including a huge flock of wild turkeys perching in the trees outside the State Park Visitors Center nearby. It's funny to see such huge birds pretending they're robins perching precariously on scrawny branches in wintering trees. Benjamin Franklin thought the wild turkey should be our national bird, and although some think the Bald Eagle was a poor choice because of its ferocity and sometimes fish-stealing tendencies, I'm glad it's not the turkey.
3 comments:
How fun! We miss Zermatt! That would have been fun to go there! We miss you guys and had so much fun talking on Skype!
My husband drew out for a Turkey hunt this last spring. He didn't get one but said they were really interesting to watch in his scope. They were always too far away. He hunted just out of the Sardine Canyon on the way to Logan. Of course they were brought into Utah from the East Coast. Interesting ice by the way.
Aww your comment made me melt! We need to get out there soon. We are going to figure out our schedule of when we are going to Oregon and when I'm going to Utah. I will probably want to get pictures from you- I know for sure I don't have any of Zach in the frog boots :) Zach wanted to talk to you guys on the computer when he saw a picture of you- childhood is so different than the world has ever seen...
Post a Comment