Incidentally, I got into his next series, Simon Schama's Power of Art, and I highly recommend this to anyone (anyone over 13, that is). Since he is an art history teacher, this is his passion. He takes 8 famous artists and talks about how tortured they were, and how their art reflected the times they lived in. I loved it. I look at these quilts as geneology of the future. My grandchildren will be able to see what the fabric styles were like and what I did with them.
4 comments:
Did you find it difficult, or off-setting to work with such a thick and dissimilar textured fabric like the one from Ikea along side of the thinner cottons in this quilt? I am dying to know.
my love for this quilt grows with each picture. i love the color of your binding. its perfect.
Wow! I had no idea you were a quilter. These are gorgeous!
This IKEA fabric was a light-weight canvas, and it didn't bother me in the border (but I'm not a very picky quilter). It also washed much softer than I thought.
Post a Comment