Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Favorite Books

My birthday is coming up, and I thought it might be devilishly romantic if my husband made sure I had a used copy of all of my very favorite books. I told him about it and offered to make a list, and he loved the idea. And then as the days wore on, the idea lost its sparkle. I guess it's something I'd rather do for myself.

I know there are lots of sites to list books you like, but I don't really manage those very well, despite being an avid reader and lit major in college. So I've included a list on the side of my blog of my very most favorite books. I like a lot more, but these are the ones that top my list.

6 comments:

Anna M. said...

I, too, love The Count of Monte Cristo and have read it several times. I haven't read some of the books on your list, but I'm always on the look out for a good book, so I'll have to try a few. Thanks! =)

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
You should check out Goodreads.com. It's a great place to track the books you've read and to write reviews on them. And, you can link with your friends and see what they are reading to get ideas. Rebecca and I both use Goodreads and it's great!

Elizabeth said...

There are a few on there I haven't read. I'll have to check them out.

My dad and the other English teachers he worked with have a book club and he passes the books on to me when they are finished. The last two books he sent were The Double Bind and The Lace Reader. I'm starting to wonder if he is trying to give me a hint by sending on books about delusional people.

Christina said...

Hi, I am Anna's mom. One of my favorite books is Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh (Charles Lindberg's wife.) I think you might enjoy that one. Have you read The Good Earth by Pearl Buck? I also like The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas. Eleni by Nicholas Cage is a fantastic and marvelous story about his Greek mother. I don't know if you even can find that book now. How about How Green was my Valley by Richard Llewellyn? Like Anna I have read The Count of Monte Cristo a couple of times. I am reading Angle of Repose right now.

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the Persian Pickle Club. It's one of my favorites. I also like Tallgrass by the same author.

Pamela said...

I just bought Team Of Rivals and can't wait to read it. I also finished Lovely Bones over Christmas and at times it was disturbing and I had to put it down. Great List!