Monday, September 19, 2011

Peacock


Sometimes there's a terrific fabric that jumps out at me and I think, wow, I really love that, but I don't know how I'll ever use it. I used to be better at letting myself buy this kind of fabric. This quilt is Exhibit A. I've been really trying to use my stash, and I pulled this Alexander Henry piece out. This is what I ended up making. It was so much fun! (I say that a lot, sorry.) So I would encourage you to A: buy that random piece of fabric that screams to you, and B: have fun with solids.

1 comment:

Reba said...

This is gorgeous. I tell Troy all the time that when I'm done with school (in December!), I'm going to make a quilt for our bed and I'm going to hire you to teach me how to use your quilting machine. If you still have it. And don't mind teaching me!