Have you done a Jelly Roll 1600 yet? They are so fun. Once again, Peggy let me on to this fun quilting idea. You need a jelly roll (or 40, 2.5" strips). You sew all of the strips into one loooooong strip, like binding, and then you bring the two ends together and start sewing along the long way. There's even an edited video of a quilting group racing to see who could complete theirs first on Heirloom Creations' blog. It took me over an hour, and their winner was around 35 minutes - amazing!
We snapped the pics in the setting sun, so it's even more orangy than in person. The binding is incomplete, so that I can demo it in our Modern Quilt Group next month. I used oranges from my stash. Broadbents has kits for $29.95 of a really clever Halloween medly JoyLyn Rigby put together.


4 comments:
That is a really cool idea. I might just have to give that a try! Thanks for sharing. :)
Pretty.
Love the orange! It photographed so beautiful. I am energized to create more of these little babys.
I haven't done the jelly roll race, but planning to do it as soon as I finish my started projects. Your colors look fantastic, taking the pictures in the setting sun was a brilliant idea! I'd love to have that quilt, orange is one of my very favorite colors!
Post a Comment