Hello friends! A quick update on our Modern Quilt Group at Broadbents. Our first meeting was last Saturday and it's not too late to join us. We had a great time and some new members even brought what they're doing to show us! I loved it. I think this will be a great group. If you'd like to see more about what we did, check out our blog and this earlier post I did.
One quilt I'm working on for this class is from Moda Bake Shop's Random Reflections quilt. I'm loving their blog because great quilters online are being enlisted to make wonderful tutorials for quilts of their own creation. There are several I love, this is just the start. This is a line of Japanese fabric called Coccinelle that I bought in Sisters, Oregon a few years back. It will have two more rows before I'm finished. At first it looked almost Reproduction Civil War-ish to me, but I've added some solids and pretended it's modern. I'm really liking the way it's turning out. It reminds me of a city skyscraper scene.

No comments:
Post a Comment