I've gone over to the dark side, and by dark side I mean that island we fought to be independent from. That's right, I'm a BBC junkie. In my defense I think that doesn't mean what it used to. Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of US shows I do like (Blue Bloods and CSI top the list). However, I am finding myself getting sucked into more and more BBC programming. It probably began with Planet Earth, which led to History of Art and that one about England by century (which wasn't as boring as it sounds). But then the tv shows (don't worry, I'm not calling it a "telly" yet) pulled me in. Here is a list of the best BBC shows I would highly recommend, in no order whatsoever. After all, I am an American. Netflix even has some of them on instant play.
- Lark Rise to Candleford
- Foyle's War
- Downton Abbey
- Monarch of the Glen
- Inspector Lewis
- Sherlock
- The Last Enemy
1 comment:
Have you watched The Vicar of Dibley? In my opinion, it is the funniest of all the British comedies. I also started watching Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren and I love it. There is a US version starting soon, and The Closer (on TNT--another of my favorite shows) was influenced by it. I love that you like British stuff!
Post a Comment