Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Owl-ways Good To See You

At the Great Salt Lake Birding Festival, we ran into two couples that we had met at the St. George Bird Festival earlier this year. They're two sisters and their husbands, all retired of course. Just me and Paul and the geriatrics. Anyway, the one sister had this cute fabric owl pin on, and when I complimented it, she said her daughter had made it and she had an extra for me because she remembered I quilt. So sweet of her.

So with the help of my neighbor (of the ribbon drawer infamy) and her unending button supplies, I made two dozen of them, slightly larger, for the young women in our church group on their birthdays. We have a birthday basket, which was empty, and I thought it would be nice to have something handmade in there, instead of dollar store finds. I attached a note to each of them which reads, "Owl-ways Remember Whoo You Are!" This is a really fun project with minimal effort and cost, but feels like something special to give to someone you love.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Kristin ~ what a great idea. I love the little slogan. Those owls are just adorable. You should do a tutorial.

Anna M. said...

So very cute! Great idea! :)