Thursday, December 17, 2009

Rouenneries


I finished my snail's tail using Rouenneries, by French General. It's sort of Christmasy, sort of Valentine's Day-ish. Which means I can wait to quilt it for a while and not feel guilty.
I went to Rouen on my way to le Mont St. Michel with Tracey and my mom on my 21st birthday. We didn't buy reserved seat tickets on the train, so we ended up sitting in the room between cars on our luggage with a local student who spoke four languages. St. Michel was wonderful, but Rouen was a surprise treat for me. It's the city where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake, and also a pivotal city in WWII since it was the historical capital of Normandy. It's got an old cathedral (I guess they all do) that I remember being especially beautiful on the Seine River. I love that this quilt reminds me of that petites vacances.

2 comments:

erica e said...

this is beautiful! i love the memories it holds for you! i want to make a snail's tail quilt! so cool!

Tracey Hogan said...

We did buy reserve seating, we just didn't get to the right car in time to sit in them! That made the adventure all the more fun and memoriable!