Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Man, They're OLD!!

The day after Christmas we drove to Boise, Idaho to be with an old friend for the blessing of his first baby. I talked about my oldest friend, Laura, recently. We've been friends since we were twelve. For my husband Paul, it's Travis. I actually met Travis the same day I met Paul, the first week of college 1996. It was so great to be with our "other" family in Idaho. And special to see our old friend bless his first baby with shaky hands and a nervous voice. I know he's going to be a great dad!
I was searching through Paul's scrapbook from college for a picture to include from those days, and I honestly couldn't find one I care to use on my blog, if you catch my drift. They did have fun. I did find this one, from 2002. Everyone did a lot of growing up during those six years.

Travis, Mike, Mike, Eric, Paul

And now we've all grown up a lot. Travis teaches Ag at his high school in Kuna, Idaho. Mike flies jets for the Army in Iraq. Our other Mike is an account manager at an electrical supply company here in SLC. Eric tromps around for the DOT in Washington. And Paul flies to the west coast for T-Mobile. They all married and had kids and seem to be functioning adults, which after reviewing that first year together, just goes to show that there are miracles after all.

No comments: