Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Quilts

I like the tradition of giving my children a quilt for Christmas each year. That might seem like overkill to you, but I want them to grow up and have a pile of love and batting from me when they get married. This year my youngest is getting the baseball quilt with minky on the back, because he didn't get one last year. My older two are just getting a solid piece of fabric quilted with minky. They'll be delighted. My son is getting guitars and my daugther is getting this quilty panel in the middle.

Incidentally, I also hope that when they grow up and get married I will have also given them the gift of hard work and the ability to cook a decent meal.

6 comments:

erica e said...

what a great mom! i love the concept of bestowing a lot of love AND batting! :) merry christmas!

Julie said...

That is such a good idea! You are so talented. I wish I could do something like that. I'm sure those quilts will be loved for many generations!

Anonymous said...

So cute...as always :) My parents always told us we would thank them for teaching us to work hard and now I totally do.

Tracie said...

Do you still have your long-arm quilting business? Seems like I remember you saying your were trying to sell it, but I couldn't find any other info on your blog. I am MAYBE interested in learning to use it, and renting a couple of hours... although I don't feel overly confident in the idea! I'm a beginning quilter... and I have quilt top ready to be quilted... I was going to send it out.

Pamela said...

I need to post about my Christmas Quilts I gave to my boys. I wish I had started making them for every year for Christmas. What a great idea!!

Liz said...

I LOVE the idea of the kids having quilts to take with them when they marry. I remember having nothing when I got married. That first Christmas I think we had three ornaments on the tree.