I'm holding my breath on this next project. Earlier this year I saw this darling bunny online, and wanted to try my own turn at it. But I didn't know what shape to use. I finally settled on the Salt Lake Temple, shmultzy, I know. That's why I'm holding my breath. Since it's going to be such a monster of a project (if you can say that about a temple), I thought I'd chronicle my progress along the way.
This week I found a sillouette I like, and had it enlarged to fit on my 44x60" slate background.
Next I used an exacto knife to cut it out.
Then I ironed Steam-a-Seam to the back of some Kona snow, and traced my temple onto it.
And finally, for this week I cut out the white, ironed it onto the slate, and did a blanket stitch on my machine all the way around it.
I drew the windows and doors onto the white from the template, as well. The idea is to use bright, modern fabrics in little pieces to make a mosaic all over the white background, so very little of it will be showing. I think I'll do all of the round windows the same flower, the doors the same brown, and so on, to make it calm and consistent.
Whenever that's done, and I'm in no hurry, I'll border it with words; either the eight Young Women's values, or a cool temple quote from one of the General Authorities. Wish me luck!


1 comment:
I am simply amazed!!! Wow Kristin. I hope someday to be like you.
Post a Comment