The first and best thing we did for our family's health was to start using essential oils. My mother-in-law had given us some over the years, and we mostly used it to rub on Zoe's feet at night to help her RELAX!!! But then when Marshall couldn't breath at night and the mucus started taking over his lungs, my mother told me about doterra's Breathe blend. We put it right on his chest and back and within seconds his airway was opened. We diffuse it in his room on nights he's struggling and it's saved many trips to the ER.
Next I tried their Deep Blue blend, which also now comes in a lotion rub form, for my lower back, which has issues. I don't talk about them much because then they will be real. Anyway, I woke up one morning in Portland this summer with a very sore neck, far away from my beloved chiropractor, Mom rubbed some Deep Blue oil on my neck a few times during the day and my pains were gone. We also rub this on my dad's sore ol' knees at night and now he walks around asking where the rub has gotten to. My 73 year old, born in the '30's, old school I'm not trying anything new much less your weird oils, dad.
We were putting Mederma, a scar medication, on Rory's forehead scar from 8 stitches this summer, and he started getting these little, hard white bumps where the stitches had gone in and out. So I ditched that and started rubbing Frankinsense right on it and the bumps dried up and fell off, and his scar is going away!
I could go on and on about these oils and how they've changed our lives. Their immune system oil is so good for my kids who live in a petrie dish at school. I diffuse it while they're eating their afterschool snack and make them take a drop on their tongue each morning and I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but we haven't gotten sick once! I rub Serenity blend on our feet at night or on Paul's when he's stressed out from work and he melts and we sleep better.
There is so much more to these oils than I have gotten into: cooking, cleaning, etc, that my kinesiologist Stefanie is going to come over and give my family a mini-class about how we can use the oils in different ways and if you are interested in hearing more about them, or trying them yourself, please come! It will be the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving. Very informal, just educational. And life changing.
1 comment:
I'm actually going to learn about doterra tomorrow night at a friend's house. Her son has ADHD and she says the oils have helped him a lot. She gave me a sample of deep blue and it helped my neck feel so much better! I'm excited to learn more.
Post a Comment