Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Mother's Update

For Christmas this year my parents are coming to Utah. We've never had them here on Christmas morning, and I have great memories of my own grandparents coming down the stairs on my Christmas mornings past. I think I'm more excited for that experience for my own children than for the presents I've been working on.
One of the things I've made is this mini quilt for my mother. (She doesn't read my blog, so I'm safe, lest you were worried.) I've been fascinated by the quilt lettering Tonya Ricucci has been doing, and wanted to try it myself. She's coming out with a book all about it this month and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

My mother, who I mentioned has cancer, is doing phenominally well. Our family has witnessed a modern day miracle this year that none of us will soon forget. Each day is a treasure with our loved ones, but when you think you are going to lose one of them soon, you realize this cliche statement burns deeper than you thought. Her health has been preserved, thanks to so many prayers of faithful friends and family. I don't talk about religion a lot on my blog, and mine does mean a lot to me. But I would be ungrateful if I didn't take a moment to publicly thank my Heavenly Father for this year with my mother. And, as it looks like now, next year as well. I know He has a plan for all of us, that he knows and cares about each of us. I know he hears our prayers. And I am grateful.

No comments: